Eat Me.

Anything you can do we can do vegan.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Morrissey

So this morning I did my yoga, toasted a bagel and innocently started browsing the Food Fight website. Where I happened upon a link to this. I am going to copy a selected poem here because I think it will probably be the only time any of us will hear the tenets of vegetarianism stated so eloquently in a poem about Morrissey.

Morrissey - by Emiko

The beautiful child,
Different from the others.
Though he was a boy - grown up in a day.
A librarian was his goal, he had to take singing.
He sings like a tapping spoon on a glass of wine.
Making me cry is what he wants -
All he wants.
Don't eat your friends -
Meat is murder.
Cow, Pig, Turkey, Fish.
Why can't people settle with yogurt or cheese?
Morrissey is everything -
He will always fill my heart.

If that poem doesn't brighten up your Sunday morning I don't know what will.

In other news my dad and step-mom came over for dinner last night and it was super good. I picked out the menu and prepped the desserts ahead of time but Katie did a great job timing the entrees and it all came out great. I also made foccacia from my new baking cookbook that turned out fantastic. Try out Sbrisolona - a cake I found on the NPR website. (Veganize It!) Ridiculously easy.

Also I really really want to pick up (or at least take a look at) Veganimocon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romeo. Maybe after Pankakes we are going to pick up a copy of the Darjeeling Express soundtrack somewhere on Milwaukee and could maybe see if Quimby's has it in stock. It's getting cold...

(Note: Veganized the sbrisolona with 1 eggs worth of egg replacer mixed into lemon juice instead of water. Also used whole wheat pastry flour. And don't forget the Earth Balance. It also seemed to do fine sitting prepared in the fridge for a day before baking.)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We made sbrisolona in New Orleans, remember?