Eat Me.

Anything you can do we can do vegan.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Persian Cucumber and Tomato Salad

This recipe came out right the first time I made it. I even substituted for quite a few of the ingredients. Instead of mint I used lemon mint. Instead of red onion I only had a plain yellow onion. I probably used way more cucumber than recommended. And I used about 4 roma tomatoes.

Persian Cucumber and Tomato Salad

From The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein.

You Will Need:
1-1/2 lbs. Ripe Tomatoes
1 Large Cucumber; Peeled, Seeded and Chopped
1 Large Red Onion; Chopped
1/2 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves; Finely Chopped
3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 T Fresh Lemon Juice
1-1/2 T Fresh Lime Juice
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste

What to Do:
Whisk together all liquids in a large bowl. Add vegetables and toss well to combine. Let Stand for 15 minutes. Toss again.

Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for an hour or so and serve chilled.

Makes 4 servings.


No comments: